- What is personal information?
Personal information is any piece of information that relates to an identifiable human being. People’s names, contact details, financial, health, purchase records: anything you can look at and say “this is about an identifiable person”.
- Collection of personal information
We may collect personal information about you when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, email or when you visit our Websites. We collect, hold, and use personal information obtained directly from you for a number of purposes, including:
- To make travel arrangements for you.
- To contact you in relation to the services we provide.
- To complete a reservation made by our customer service consultants, a registered travel agent or you as a direct customer.
- To dispatch a brochure requested by a registered travel agent or you directly.
- To provide information about products, services, any new tour options, competitions, surveys, consumer enquiries, telephone calls, SMS notifications
- To contact people nominated by you in the case of an emergency.
- For operational purposes, to keep records of how our Websites are used by recording site traffic and observing website navigation techniques.
- To diagnose website problems with our service and administration.
- To comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- To monitor and improve internal operations, as well as improve the user experience on our Websites.
- For any other specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected.
In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to collect personal information about you from third parties, for instance, from our related companies, contractors, agents or from your family member or travel companion. In the event that you become aware that your personal information has been provided to us without your consent, please inform us immediately.
- Storage and Disclosure of personal information
By providing us, or otherwise consenting us to collect your personal information, you consent to us storing and disclosing your personal information (including to persons or organisations located outside New Zealand) for the purposes we have described:
- To any company in the Globus Family of Brands;
- To our suppliers (including services and content providers), contractors, dealers, agents and business partners (including travel service providers) who help us administer the Websites and/or deliver services and/or products to you;
- To our professional advisers;
- To anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of it) is transferred;
And for other purposes where you have consented to them; or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We will store your information for as long as necessary having regard to the purpose for which it was collected. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
- Trans-Border data flows
When you provide, or otherwise allow us to collect, your personal information, you consent to your personal information being disclosed to recipients that may be located overseas as described in clause 4. Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to overseas recipients in connection with the facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of the administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
- Access and Amendment of Personal Information
All personal information obtained by us about you can be made available to you upon written request. We reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking to access or request correction of personal information before complying with such a request. If access to your personal information is refused, we will provide reasons for such refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
We will take all reasonable measures to keep your personal information secure and request that you keep your personal information held by us up to date by communicating with us, so that we may continue to improve our service to you. You also agree that, in the absence of any update, we will assume the information submitted to us is accurate.
- Storage of security and data
We are dedicated to keeping your personal information secure and have implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information in order to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alternation of personal information. With respect to credit card information, we do not retain any credit card information in any of our systems during the booking transaction process or on completion. Our registered travel agents also follow a unique secured process when facilitating bookings via our online agent portal system and are responsible for ensuring the unique access is not provided to others. We will take reasonable measures to destroy personal information if it is no longer required for any other purpose.
We regularly review security and encryption technologies and strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information.
- Marketing Communications:
We will seek your prior consent before we send you any electronic marketing communications. If you prefer to not receive promotional material, participate in market research or receive other communications from us you can unsubscribe at any time. We will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways related to the ones described above without providing you with an opportunity to opt out.
- Feedback / Complaints / Contact
If you have any enquiries, comments, or complaints about this Policy or our handling of personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- Changes to our Policy